Sunday, December 28, 2008

December's Last Sunday

Today is December's last Sunday. And I ended up staying home from church. I was so hoping I could at least go and sit in the foyer and enjoy the talks and music from our Ward and the Young Adult Ward after us. Stephen is teaching his lesson in High Priest Group and I wanted to be there to support him. But my wheezing has been bad at night and when I'm trying to go to sleep it keeps me awake. Plus it was very cold this morning. Low, low 40's with a windchill of 35 degrees. It's 52 degrees right now but the windchill is 47 degrees. So it's best if I stay home and try to keep warm.
_____
I don't know that I'm contagious. No one ever seems to catch this bug from me. It's like it belongs just to me. My own special Bug! I get it every year in time for the holidays. Usually just before Thanksgiving and then it hangs on til January some time. This year it is late coming. I got it the day before Christmas Eve. Not fun! Especially when there were so many things I wanted to do and then couldn't do because of it.
_____
Anyway! I wanted to be at Church so I could enjoy the sweet spirit that is always there. But I didn't want to take the chance of maybe giving this bug to someone else or catching another bug from another person there. So I'm home by myself. Of course the wheezing eases up as soon as I get up and moving around some. But the cough is still there off and on and it doesn't sound real good. Everyone would be thinking - WHY is she HERE! Giving all of us her BUG!! How RUDE!! And I didn't want that to happen.
_____
Today is a special day. Grandbaby #23 is getting blessed and receiving her name. I so wish we could be there for her special day. But Utah is a long ways from here. And no money and no vacation time make it impossible to go up there. I hope Kodi takes lots of pictures of everyone for us to see when she gets home. And she will be home on January 10th!
_____
Also today, daughter-in-law Rachel's dad is being made Bishop of his Ward in Salt Lake. So Rachel and the girls are there with her family for that while Kyran and the boys stayed at home in Logan to be there for Chris and Melany and their baby's blessing day. Split family for two special reasons.
_____
I'm loving this cold WINTER weather!! There should be snow on the ground when it's this cold though, don't you think? That's what I've always said and I'm sticking to it. A few Decembers ago when I went to Logan for Uncle Jerry's funeral, there was snow on the ground special for me. And there were ICICLES!! Everywhere!! I had forgotten how delightful icicles are. Or maybe I hadn't realized it before because you just kind of take icicles for granted when there is snow around. But I don't take them for granted anymore. They truly are delightful. Beautiful really. Heavenly Father makes the most wonderful things for us to enjoy if we just look around us and SEE them!
_____
I was reading Shye's blog this morning. She approaches life in such a delightful way. She feels it, and lives it, and shares it with those around her. I think that being around her day and night must be such a fun thing. Her family is very blessed to have her. And those of us watching her are, also. Thanks, Shye, for being who you are!
_____
Well, I need to decide what to fix for dinner today. Nothing has sounded good to me since I got sick and poor Stephen has had to kind of fend for himself most of the week. Or put up with quick and simple meals made by me. It's nice we got to have Christmas Eve dinner out at Queen Creek with the kids. And the great Mexican potluck dinner at his family's gathering last Sunday evening. At least we had TWO great dinners during all of this! Next week WILL be better!
_____
Enjoy your Sabbath Day. Love your families. Take time to look for the simple pleasures around you. And have a great day!

No comments: