Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Happy Tuesday!!

Happy Tuesday, Everyone! It's a beautiful cool day here in Mesa. 66 degrees at the moment and I love it. Things are going good in my part of the world today.
_____
Talked to Kodi yesterday. She's doing good and seems to be enjoying her stay in Utah. I sure do miss her though. I try not to call her everyday but it's really hard! So it's okay if I get teased about calling her so much. What can I say. I'm a mom and I love my kids and have to be in touch with them.
_____
I made two double batches of cookie dough this afternoon. Chocolate chip and oatmeal raisin cookies. We are going home teaching this evening and Stephen wants to take his families a Christmas goodie. We make a great team when it comes to making cookies. I don't mind making the dough but hate to do the baking part. And Stephen doesn't mind the baking part. So he helps me do that. We'll get some baked up right before we go tonight.
_____
I still want to make some Melt Aways. They have a cream cheese frosting and are sooooooo rich and yummy. And I want to make sweet rolls and a batch of fudge. AND more dinner rolls and a batch of bread. And it would be nice to have some banana bread, too. Am I making you hungry?
_____
I got eight more layouts done using two new kits that I requested. I'm pleased with how they turned out. So here they are. 8.5 x 11 and 12 x 12 sizes. These first pages are made using the kit Cottage Dreams by Mitsybelle and you can get it at SAS. I love the soft colors.








These pages were made using Soothing Daisy by Piggy Scraps and that kit can be found at SAS also. I really love the flowered and gingham papers in this kit and plan on using them to make some cards.




I especially love how this page turned out. And I'm having a hard time deciding which size I like the most. Sometimes the 12 x 12 looks really great and other times the additional papers I use to make the 8.5 x 11 just make it so much nicer. Funny how that is. This layout just feels so "country" to me. The smaller page more so than the bigger one.



Simple Pleasures for today:
  • Seeing all the dogs being walked by their owners when Nikki and I are out waiting for the bus to arrive. I met "Abigail" today. Such a pretty colored dog.
  • Having the cooler weather
  • Knowing that two batches of cookies are ready to bake!
  • Playing Christmas music
  • Petting Snowflake and knowing she loves the attention I give her. Poor kitty - she lost part of her beautiful tail! Don't know how, but it is definitely shorter than it used to be.
  • Knowing there will be Christmas movies on again tonight!!

_____

I hope you all have a great day! I'll be back soon with more pages to show you.

No comments: