Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
This is the Place Monument in Salt Lake City
Ky, Stephen R., Chris & Chad
And I guess that's it for now. Take the time to enjoy the Simple Pleasures before today is over! My list:
That soft, warm late summer breeze that feels like a blanket
Kitties who come running for attention - even though they aren't ours
Eating a crispy apple
Hearing my Honey's voice on the phone at noon
Wonderful cold ice water!
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Go look for some Simple Pleasures today! Have a good one!!
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Sunday, September 7, 2008
This next photo was taken a few weeks ago when Coltin received the Priesthood. Stevie had received it just a couple weeks or so before that. So we got them all together for a special photo of the newest Priesthood holders in the family.
More Cydney pics!
Who do you think she looks like?
Now to gross everyone out. Remember I told you Stephen was trying to keep up with the boys and their injuries? Well, here is the drill injury he got. You can see where the scrape began and then the bit went into his arm. It went under the skin as far as his finger there. It's still a little sore and is hard to the touch but he is doing okay. A day or so after this injury he was using the cutoff saw at work to cut some aluminum and it caught and took three big chunks of meat off the thumb of that same hand. So he was REALLY sore for a while!
Simple Pleasures for today:
1. The ride out to Queen Creek and seeing all the beautiful cloud formations.
2. Watching the rain coming down from some of those clouds. I'm sure it never reached the ground, but you could see that it was raining from them. The gray streaks coming down from them.
3. Getting to see all the family - the few of us who live here! I so miss the rest of you.
4. A sweet hug from our Lissie.
5. Watching Coltin pass the sacrament.
6. Visiting with Melany.
7. Having Frankie be so happy to have us back home again.
Have a great evening!
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Simple Pleasures for today:
1. Going out to celebrate our 40th Anniversary with my Sweetheart.
2. Walking into the little entry way of The Crackerbarrel and noticing that it smelled like alfalfa!! I wonder if it was just my imagination or if they are scenting the air in that little space between the inner and outter doors to make us feel like we are in farming country.
3. Hearing that winter seems to be coming early in parts of the country this year. And I hope it comes early here too!
4. Watching four dragonflies flying in circles and swirls several feet above our heads and over the retention area by our condo. Two were dark in color and looked fat, and two were lighter in color and skinny. I enjoyed watching them.
5. Getting two letters in the mail today! One from a good friend and one from a favorite cousin.
6. Getting the utility bill in the mail today, also, and seeing that it is finally going DOWN!!!
7. Seeing a blimp advertising the Outback flying around our part of the neighborhood.
8. Finding a package of pinto beans that I had forgotten we had. Now I can make another crockpot full of chili beans!! They were so good when I made them the other day. YUM!!!
Well, that's about it for now. Hope you all have a great Sunday. Watch for those Simple Pleasures that are all around you!