Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Happy Tuesday!

Tuesday night and all is well!! It's even beginning to finally cool down here. And the monsoon is officially over for this year. We got 5.70 inches of rain this summer. An awesome amount for Arizona for one summer!
_____
I have been eating apples like crazy! They just taste so good to me. We bought a container of them at Costco last payday and had them eaten in a week. So we bought more on Friday from Fry's and they have been pretty good ones. So juicy and yummy.
_____
I finished the second book in the Twilight series a week or so ago. Went online for the library to see if I could reserve the third book as Kodi got rid of hers a while back and we don't have it anymore. Bummer!! Anyway, there are about 25-29 people who have it reserved ahead of me and each one gets to keep it for three weeks!!! This was NOT good news! I guess I should go ahead and sign up though, huh? Maybe they have more than one copy of it and it won't take a year to get to my turn.
_____
I got candy treats sent to all the grandkids yesterday. We bought one of those $10 bags of assorted Halloween candies at Costco. It cost me another $15 or so to send each family an envelope with the goodies in them. The funniest thing about it all is that I was able to send them all 1st class mail which was cheaper, all except for Chad and Heather's family. I had to pay Priority Mail fees on theirs because they have more kids and it weighed more than the others. Priority Mail to Queen Creek!! A 40 minute drive from our house! LOL I debated sending the Queen Creek kids their treats or just taking it to them. But then I decided it would be fun for them to get goodies in the mail like the out of town grandkids. Sooooo............And this Grandma had enough stamps to put on everything except for the unexpected extra postage because the scales at the post office read different than mine here did. Anyway, treats are sent!
_____
Well, gotta run. Hope everyone has a great day! Look for the Simple Pleasures out there!

No comments: