Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Busy Day!

Wow! Tuesday again already! It has been a very busy day today. It started out with Simple Pleasures. As I was saying my prayers the Mockingbird who often sings in the tree just down the sidewalk from our bedroom window began to sing. And because it's finally cool enough to turn the air conditioning off and open windows again - YAY!! - the melody of its song came floating to me. I love that little Mockingbird!! And it sang all while I read my scriptures, too! Heaven's music to my ears to be sure.
_____
Then when I walked Nickie out to catch her bus the air was so cool and wonderful! Finally!! A change to our seasons! And the sun was shining. I hated to go back into the house again. AND.... we saw a hummingbird. Just a tiny little thing. It was darting around above the street and then came to sit on a tiny branch in the tree by us. Then it was off again.
_____
When we got to the bus stop, this grandma lady who walks her dog Elvis every day was coming across the street to our side. So Nickie and I got to visit with her and Elvis. He's the cutest little thing. All black with a touch of white. And he just loves the attention we pay to him. We used to see him last spring at the other bus stop so it's kind of fun that the grandma lady walks him by this new one at the condos here.
_____
I made sweet rolls this afternoon to surprise Stephen for his birthday tomorrow. He told me the other day that he wanted sweet rolls, an apple pie, and a pineapple upside down cake for his birthday - in hopes that he would get one of the three items. So I did the rolls today and tomorrow I'll make him his apple pie. We had to go buy the apples for it this evening. I'm still eating apples like crazy. They just taste so good to me. Anyway, Stephen was really happy with the sweet rolls and has already had several.
_____
We went to a viewing at the mortuary this evening also. Stephen's brother's wife Raylani's father passed away last week and it's his funeral tomorrow. We won't be able to go as Stephen has to work. So we went to the viewing. Raylani is holding up well. They have a grandbaby on the way and a wedding coming up in the next month or so. So she has a lot to keep her busy for a while.
_____
We went to Lissie's birthday party and dinner on Sunday at Karma's mom and dad's home. They made Indian Fry Bread with all the trimmings. Was yummy. And we had a nice time. After we had been there a couple hours we found out Lissie wasn't feeling good and she ended up throwing up. Soooooo..... we are praying we don't get whatever she had. Kodi woke up feeling puky this morning so I had to take over for her with Nickie. I was worried that she got Lissie's bug. But she is doing better this evening. Stephen hasn't felt real good for a couple days. We are thinking his problems are from the spiciness of the beans and meat on Sunday. So we are just praying hard that it doesn't hit us with a vengence. We try so hard to not be around those kinds of bugs because they are so hard on Stephen and I anymore.
_____

And I've been scrapbooking again. Here are the latest layouts. You can click on the pic to bring it up bigger on each one.







And I guess that's it for today. Lots of Simple Pleasures out there to be aware of. Some even just pop up when you least expect it like mine did this morning! Have a great day tomorrow!!

No comments: