Saturday, September 6, 2008

Nice Day!

It has been a nice day today. Stephen and I went to The Crackerbarrel for our special dinner together. Just the two of us. The food was great - as usual. And we browsed in the store afterwards. They are all ready for the Fall holidays as well as Christmas. Lots of fun things to buy. But we didn't get anything this time. It was just nice to be able to go have dinner.
_____
Tomorrow morning we go out to Queen Creek for Cydney's blessing day. I'm hoping Kodi can take some photos of her in her blessing dress. Will post them if she is able to take some.
_____
Here is a new layout I did of Chris. He was our climber. And I wish I had photos of all the places we found him standing on or clinging to before the age of 6. Like when we found him almost to the top of the street light by our house. Or the time he was on top of a basketball standard. All the moms in the neighborhood would get so panicked over him climbing. They couldn't believe how calm I always was about it. But I had learned that Chris was NOT going to keep his feet on the ground. No matter how many times we talked to him about the dangers of climbing on such things, no matter how many times he was scolded, his feet were not going to stay on the ground. And I had also learned that he had good balance. He never fell or got hurt from any of his climbing adventures. Also, unless I wanted gray hair at the age of 30, I had to accept what was happening with this child and trust that angels would watch over him. This photo was of one of his safer climbs. I made up the little poem.
The 8.5 x 11 version:


Simple Pleasures for today:
1. Going out to celebrate our 40th Anniversary with my Sweetheart.
___

2. Walking into the little entry way of The Crackerbarrel and noticing that it smelled like alfalfa!! I wonder if it was just my imagination or if they are scenting the air in that little space between the inner and outter doors to make us feel like we are in farming country.
___

3. Hearing that winter seems to be coming early in parts of the country this year. And I hope it comes early here too!
___

4. Watching four dragonflies flying in circles and swirls several feet above our heads and over the retention area by our condo. Two were dark in color and looked fat, and two were lighter in color and skinny. I enjoyed watching them.
___

5. Getting two letters in the mail today! One from a good friend and one from a favorite cousin.
___

6. Getting the utility bill in the mail today, also, and seeing that it is finally going DOWN!!!
___

7. Seeing a blimp advertising the Outback flying around our part of the neighborhood.
___

8. Finding a package of pinto beans that I had forgotten we had. Now I can make another crockpot full of chili beans!! They were so good when I made them the other day. YUM!!!
___

Well, that's about it for now. Hope you all have a great Sunday. Watch for those Simple Pleasures that are all around you!

No comments: