Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Yay Hurray!!

Well! I got two new layouts done using new grandbaby photos!! The first one is of Hailey who is now about 7 months old. And the second one is Cydney who is about two weeks now. Come September I'll have another new baby layout to show everyone! I had fun experimenting with fading layers into each other on Hailey's layout. Tried something I never tried before. Doing a freehand effect rather than a shape that is already in the computer.



It was humid today because of the rain we got last night. But that's okay. Getting that rain was such a welcome thing and so very badly needed. We can't complain.
_____
Then tonight we thought our water heater had quit on us. I noticed there was no hot water when I did the dinner dishes. So Stephen went out to check and see what was going on. Of course we didn't get the in home warranty for it so this wasn't good news. But it turned out that all we had to do was push the little red reset button and it looks like all is well again. Blessings, blessings!! We are wondering if the lightning and thunder last night maybe caused an overload on the electricity to the water heater causing the reset button to kick it off. Weird.
_____
We tend Nickie tomorrow. I'm not sure I'm ready for that. It hasn't been long enough since Tuesday to forget how bad that day was. LOL We love this little gal so much. But she can definitely be a challenge. I hope tomorrow goes a lot better for everyone.
_____
I read this quote on Susan's Daily Dose - an email I get every day. I really love what it says.
Any person capable of
angering you becomes your master; he can anger you
only when you permit yourself to be disturbed by him.
~ Epictetus (55-135 AD)
Greek Philosopher
So.........Don't get mad and angry at anyone!! And til next time........Enjoy the Simple Pleasures that are all around you! Look for the joys in each day. Take the time to make a list of what you find and you'll be amazed at your many blessings!

No comments: