Sunday, August 24, 2008

Stephen Keeping Up With The Boys!!

I think Stephen is trying to keep up with the boys in our family. He was drilling something at work on Friday and the drill bit broke off. The part that was still left in the drill got his wrist and took a big chunk of skin off and went into his wrist about half an inch. He said it really hurt and bled like crazy. Blessings - he missed all the veins! Of course he won't go let a doctor take a look at it and they would probably give him a tetnus shot if he did. But he isn't going to go in unless it gets infected. MEN!!!
_____
We went out to Stephen R. and Karma's for dinner and Michael's birthday party this afternoon/evening. Most of Karma's family was there and Chad and Heather and the boys came. It was a happy crowd! We enjoyed being there. Got to hold Cydney. She's such a cutie. Slept right through all that noise and confusion without a problem. And she was passed from one pair of arms to the next the whole time we were there. Everyone loves new babies. Isn't that great?!!
_____
Well, Stephen and I celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary in two weeks. 40 years!! And we still love each other so much. I sometimes wonder if our children realize how blessed they are to have parents who love each other like we do. When I think of all the hard times we have faced and all the challenges we have been given I'm grateful our love is strong. That we stood and faced it all together and didn't allow anything to tear us apart. A lot of marriages would not have survived some of the trials we have had. So I'm grateful for our love and for our committment that we have to be a Forever Family. I know I would not be complete without my Stephen.
_____
I wore my hair pulled back on the sides and clipped in the back and left the back straight today for church. It's soooooo long!! Almost to my waist!!! I wish it had some curl in it. And some body. But it doesn't. It's just long and straight. Needs to be trimmed some.
_____
I hope you all have a great day tomorrow! Remember to look for the Simple Pleasures in life. They are all around us just waiting to be loved and appreciated!

No comments: