Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Best in Music!!

This evening Kodi came downstairs to have Stephen and I watch and listen to some YouTube music videos by The Piano Guys.  Talk about fun and fantastic music that speaks to the soul!!  I LOVED it!!  Had to go on iTunes to buy some of the piano pieces.  And of course the more I heard the more I wanted.

In listening to Jon Schmidt play I got to thinking about my cousin Ryan Reilley.  Jon and Ryan kind of compose and play the same kind of music.  In fact, Jon's "All of Me" reminded me very strongly of Ryan's music.  Ryan's music is soooooo beautiful.  Some of his pieces just speak to my heart and it makes me cry as I listen to them.  I need to find out how to get in touch with him so I can purchase more of his CDs.  He has a beautiful gift where music is concerned.

I started putting Christmas things away today.  Makes me sad that the holidays are over.  I also finished reading "The Christmas List" by Richard Paul Evans today.  I started it about midnight last night and read until 4:30 this morning.  Couldn't put it down.  After sleeping for a while and then doing my chores I read until I finished the book about 10 PM.  A whole book in less than 24 hours!  Wow!!  It's a super good story for those of you who love to read!  I'm now going to read his book "The Last Promise".  We'll see if it keeps me up all night!

We made sweet rolls on Saturday.  Kodi mixed them up, I rolled them out and Stephen baked them.  That's what you call a family effort.  They turned out really good, too!  The recipe is one of my Grandpa's recipes.  He was a chef who really knew his stuff!  Everyone loved his sweet rolls.  When he and Grandma would come to visit us out in California, they always spent a day making lots of them for us.  I remember coming home from school and watching them make them.  Grandma carried on the tradition after Grandpa died.  And she always made a whole bunch of them at Christmas time to give to all of us.  I always looked forward to getting our share for my little family.  My family wishes that I would make it a for sure Christmas tradition in our home.  It's kind of hit and miss for us.  I really should be more diligent about making them.  Traditions are so important.  And making sweet rolls is a huge job.  About 6 hours worth of work from start to finish.  

Well, that's about it for now.  Take a minute to enjoy a simple pleasure today.  There are so many of them out there for us to enjoy if we will just look for them!  See Ya!



No comments: