Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all our family and friends! We hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. Ours is being a little cold and rainy so far but we welcome both the cool temps and the rain. Besides, being with family makes us warm and cozy again. We have truly LOVED having Chris and Ky and their families here this week. They are staying out with Chad and Stephen R. and their families and we have been able to go out to Queen Creek to visit with everyone. Will be going out there again tomorrow to spend a good part of the day.
_____
We are hoping to go see Twilight this weekend. Don't know yet if it's going to be a girl's afternoon out with the Dads and Grandpa babysitting all the kids, or whether it will be a date night for the grownups. But we plan on going one way or the other while we are all together. Should be a lot of fun! I'm looking forward to it.
_____
This Grandma feels content again. Being able to finally see the new little granddaughters for the first time and being able to cuddle them and love them has filled me up inside. Having three of them gives us lots of babies to share when we are all together. Plus seeing the older grandkids too. All of them are sooooo precious to me. I really LOVE being a Grandma. I just long to live closer to all of them and miss them so when we can't see them. Having us all together again has been like Christmas come early for me. The only thing that could make it any better is if Shane and Sherri and their family could be here too. But that isn't possible right now. So phone calls over the holiday will have to do.
_____
I've been super busy with my new job as CT member for Stone Accents Studio. So far I have requested three kits and have made all the required layouts and got them posted everywhere. You can see them here. I put both the 12 x 12 sizes and the 8.5 x 11 ones. It's hard to decide which ones to post. So many times the smaller sizes look nicer with the extra papers and all. Anyway, here they are. You can click on them to bring them up bigger.
_____
This is the Winter Wonderland Mega Kit which is a collab kit made by several of the designers at SAS. You can click on the SAS link over there on the right hand side in my Favorite Places To Visit list to go check out the full kits and see all the fun going on over at SAS. I only did the 12 x 12 size on these first two layouts.




These next few layouts are done with the Fairyland kit by Monika Designs.












These next few are made using the Noah Kit by Digitreats. I really love this kit. There are so many cute papers and elements to use on boy pages. And I love the colors.








And that's about it for this time! Simple Pleasures in my life right now:
  • Having five of my children and their families all together for Thanksgiving.
  • A telephone to call Shane and Sherri on!
  • The RAIN!!!
  • Cooler weather - it actually feels like fall and winter today!
  • Having Christmas up! Yes, I actually got us decorated early this year!!
  • White twinkle lights on the tree to leave on all night from now til whenever we take the tree down.
  • Being able to listen to Christmas music.
  • All the neat Christmas and Thanksgiving programs on TV.
  • Stephen coming home from work a little early today and having a four day weekend for us to enjoy having him with us.
  • Getting to take Frankie out to run at his trainer's house tomorrow. He needs the exercise and loves going out there. And I don't have to worry about us being away from home and him being home alone for so many hours when we can take him there. So it's my treat too!

_____

Happy Thanksgiving!!


2 comments:

Amberpony Creates said...

Great Job with your CT at SAS and Congratulations on being so fruitful.
Oh but I hunted you down to tell you You've been tagged. he he he
Come by my blog to play along
http://amberpony.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Hi!

I've just rediscovered your blog and have totally enjoyed looking at your family pics/layouts. You're a very, very talented lady!!

But I'm a very ignorant lady...what's a CT?

Jackie in Tennessee